The Traveling Project Manager is responsible for the day to day oversight of all assigned restoration, reconstruction, and capital improvement projects including but not limited to vendor selection, materials procurement, scheduling, budgeting, and quality assistance. The Project Managers is also responsible for working closely with occupants and property owners throughout the process to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position requires extensive travel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow scope and notify Project Director of any discrepancies
• Ensure all work is contracted/subcontracted
• Obtain building permits as required and follow all government guidelines for each permit and project
• Adhere to all OSHA and Environmental regulations
• Meet or exceed billing, revenue, and profit margin goals as defined by BluSky
• Assist with change order amounts when requested
• Manage subcontractors to verify that they are supplying adequate resources to meet contract requirements
• Secure project resources in the most cost effective manner and ensure they are on site at the appropriate time.
• Manage bid buy out with trade partners.
• Ensure project work meets the highest standards of workmanship based on industry standards
• Execute proper subcontractor agreements per company guidelines.
• Ensure all subcontractors are working under a subcontract agreement
• Approve or reject invoices as appropriate, with proper communication with your Project Accountant
• Secure bids to obtain fair pricing on jobs within two weeks of assignment of the job per Best Practices
• Complete buy out worksheet and update weekly
• Track change orders and all extras on projects via signed change order form and budget updates
• Responsible for directing, mentoring and training junior level team members
• Directly supervise BluSky personnel on projects as required
• Update and provide schedules to Project Director and Profit Center Leader weekly
• Develop and update project schedules
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field required
• 5+ years residential construction, general contracting and/or restoration experience required
• 3+ years project management experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, internal and external contacts throughout the project management process.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, additional computer hardware and software
• Valid driver's license
This position offers a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits. This position is eligible for auto allowance, fuel card, expense account, company laptop, cell phone and company apparel. BluSky offers an industry-leading, comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous profit sharing plan known as Ownership Thinking, health insurance plans (medical, dental and vision), life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with guaranteed match, 10 paid holidays, and PTO.